Asenqua Tech is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Selective Call Forwarding is a service that allows the users to forward some specific or all incoming calls to another number. It helps you to create a list of numbers, and the calls from the numbers in the forward list will be forwarded to another number.
The numbers which are not there in the forward list will ring your phone as usual. Below we have discussed how you can enable Selective Call Forwarding in android and a lot more.
How to enable Selective Call Forwarding on Android?
For CenturyLink and similar network operators, users can set up a list of 12-15 numbers that will be forwarded to another specified number; this is called Selective Call Forwarding.
The total count of numbers that a user can add to the list varies from place to place. In Selective Call Forwarding, if you get a call from a number that is listed, then you can just hear a short ring and then the call is forwarded to a specific number.
In case if you want to answer calls from a listed number, you just will have to delete the number from the forward list or Selective Call Forwarding list.
Users will receive incoming calls on their phone from the numbers that aren’t listed on your list, and they can continue making outgoing calls like always.
If the calls are forwarded to a toll number, then will be charged any applicable rate.
To enable Selective Call Forwarding on Android, follow the steps below:
- Take the phone, and dial *63 after hearing the dial tone.
- Now you can create a list by entering the 10 digit numbers that you want to be forwarded.
- Next, dial the number to which you want the calls to be forwarded.
To disable Selective Call Forwarding on Android, follow the steps below:
- Dial *63 or *83 from a phone.
- Then follow the prompts to turn off the Selective Call Forwarding.
Entering the Forward To Number:
- The first-time users will be asked to enter a number to which the call will be forwarded. Now from the next time you will hear the number to which the call will be forwarded, and you need to press 1 if it’s correct, and press 0 to change the number.
Hearing the Phone Numbers on the Forwarding list:
- Press 1 to hear the numbers in the Forward list, then follow the voice instructions to exit.
Removing a Number from Forwarding list:
- Press * key, then follow the voice prompts to remove any or all numbers from the Forward list.
- In order to hear the instructions again, press 0.
Troubleshoot Selective Call Forwarding
Follow the steps given below to troubleshoot Selective Call Forwarding:
- Check if Selective Call Forwarding is active or not. Dial *63, if you get to hear a fast busy tone then it’s active, and if you hear a normal dial tone then it’s off.
- Calls cannot be forwarded to hotels, motels, payphones, and prisons.
- Calls can only be forwarded to a long-distance number if you have long-distance service.
- If both Call Waiting and Selective Call Forwarding are active, then the calls will be forwarded before you get the Call Waiting alert.
- In case your number is listed as PRIVATE or ANONYMOUS, you will have to dial *82 to unblock your number, or else you won’t be able to forward calls to a number with Anonymous Call Rejection.
- If you get a busy signal, while trying to use the Selective Call Forwarding, then you need to check if you are using the phone settings and features correctly.
- If a user is unable to make outgoing calls while the Selective Call Forwarding is active, then there is an issue with the service and you need to contact your service provider.
- Check if your phone is set to TONE, not PULSE. You can use the physical switch located on the sides of the phone, or you can go into the phone settings and look for P/T settings.
What about other network operators?
Since Android does not offer Selective Call Forwarding, it is mostly dependent on the network provider to provide the feature for you.
Since Selective Call Forwarding is dependent on the network provider, it is possible that some of them may not make the feature available for you. For example, T-Mobile only offers call forwarding for all calls.
You can either switch to a network operator that offers Selective Call Forwarding or use a third-party application to enable Selective Call Forwarding on Android.
How to Forward All Calls on an Android Phone?
Call forwarding helps to reroute all incoming calls. One can easily enable the call forwarding option from their Android phone following the guide detailed below:
Here are the steps to enable Call Forwarding on an android phone:
- Open the Phone app on your device.
- Tap on the menu icon, select Settings, and then tap on Call Settings.
- Now when you are in the Call Settings, you get the following options to choose from:
Always Forward: All the incoming calls on your number will be forwarded to a specific number that you specify.
Forward When Busy: The incoming calls are forwarded to a specified number whenever the network is busy or you are busy on a call.
Forward When Unanswered: Whenever an incoming call is unanswered, the call will get forward to the specified number.
Forward When Unreached: The incoming calls are forwarded to a specified number when your phone is turned off, out of network coverage area, or in airplane mode.
- Once you have selected an option from the above-mentioned options, you need to enter the number to which the calls will be forwarded.
- Tap on the Enable or Ok option, and call forwarding is successfully enabled. A call forwarding icon will be available in the status of call forwarding being active.
To disable call forwarding, just follow Step 1, Step 2, and in the third step deselect the option.
Set up call forward on an iPhone
You can even use Call Forwarding on an iPhone, here are the steps to enable Call Forwarding on an iPhone.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings.
- Tap on Phone, then Call Forwarding.
- Turn on Call Forwarding, and then enter the number to which you want the calls to be forwarded.
Instructions for Verizon specific carriers:
- In order to forward a call without ringing first, simply dial *72, then enter a 10-digit phone number to which you want the calls to be forwarded.
- To get a ring before forwarding a call, dial *71 then the 10-digit phone number to which the call will be forwarded.
Once call forwarding is active on your iPhone, you will see a forwarding icon on your iPhone’s top bar.
Set up call forward on a landline
If you use a landline phone, then you can also enable call forwarding. There are few operators or carriers that allow call forwarding while some don’t. Here are the steps to enable call forwarding on your landline phone:
- From your landline phone dial *72.
- Enter the number to which the calls will be forwarded.
- Press the # button to confirm the number.
- Dial *73 to disable call forwarding.
AT&T Remote Call Forwarding
Remote Call Forwarding is an easy way to enable call forwarding because you can enable call forwarding by using any random phone. You just need a special access telephone number and a PIN to use this service. If a user already has this service enabled, then the user might have received the PIN after signing up for Remote Call Forwarding. For the users that don’t have this feature, they will get the PIN via mail after adding this feature to their monthly service.
Activate Remote Call Forwarding
- From any phone dial the Special access number that was assigned to you.
- Now dial the 7-10 digit home telephone number, then enter the PIN.
- Press 72#, and then dial the number to which you want the calls to be forwarded.
- Follow the simple voice instructions to confirm or make changes in the forward to number.
Deactivate Remote Call Forwarding
- Dial the Special access number that was assigned to you from any random phone available.
- Dial the 7-10 digit home telephone number, then enter the PIN.
- Press 73# on the dialer.
- Follow the simple voice instructions to confirm deactivation.
- In case if you somehow make a mistake while following the steps, just press * on the dialer, and the previous information will be repeated.
- In case you have lost or forgotten the PIN assigned to you, you can call the AT&T Service Centre to reset your PIN.
3 best call forwarding apps for Android
Since a number of network operators do not offer Selective Call Forwarding, you can install certain third-party applications to enable the feature on Android, amongst other things. Below we have enlisted three apps compatible with Android that can be used for call forwarding:
1. Easy Call Forwarding
Easy Call Forwarding is one of the best call forwarding apps, that helps you to forward calls quickly and effectively. It supports multiple situations for call forwarding such as forwarding all incoming calls, forwarding when you are already on a call, and even when you are out of network coverage area when airplane mode is on.
It can forward calls when there is no signal, and other than forwarding calls it also supports SMS Forwarding. It also has annoying large banner ads but the ads can be turned off by making a $4.99 in-app purchase, which might be a reasonable price if you look at the utility of the app that can forward both calls and SMS.
2. Forward My Calls
From the days of Android 4.x, Forward My Calls has been one of the most popular call forwarding apps, because of its simplicity and ease of access.
When you launch the app for the first time on your phone, you would be asked to enter your mobile carrier in order to run the app. Using this app you can enable Call Forwarding in many different ways like manually, forwarded over WiFi, and forwarded when the battery is low.
The Manual Call Forwarding option is the default option in which you need to enter the number to which the calls will be forwarded and click on “Forward” to enable call forwarding. In order to stop Call Forwarding, just select “Cancel” from the options.
3. Call Divert
Call Divert is a great app to forward or divert calls, special if you are a Galaxy S10 or Pixel 4 user. It receives frequent updates and has the most options available in it. With this app, you can forward calls either manually or automatically, depending on your choice of how and when you want the calls to be forwarded.
For some users setting up Call Divert might seem complicated, because of the various information that it asks for like the deactivation number. But you need not worry, just select the Default button whenever it asks for any information, and this works in almost every case.