Hail is one of the most common natural disasters which can destroy your car if you don’t take proper measures to save your car. The top surface of your car is not safe at the time of hail. The roof, lid, hood of your car can highly be damaged if you leave your car unprotected. However, there are different ways to protect my car from hail. Few ways are discussed below-
- If you are on the road driving your car and sense the hail is coming, you need to find out a secured parking lot as soon as possible. You have to secure yourself and the car immediately before the hail is coming. If you don’t know such place of taking shelter, you can try your cell phone GPS to find out the nearest gas station or parking garage.
- If you could not find any covered place and you are in a place from where getting a covered place is impossible, you should cover your car with the blanket. The thick blanket or the hail cover can help you hiding your car and also save your car from possible damages due to the hail. Though these are not completely safe option for saving your car from the damages but these can mitigate the damages to some extent.
- As the hail season has already come, it is advisable to check the weather condition of your area or where you are going before leaving your home. If you can take proper preparation before going out, you will be able to tackle the seriousness of the weather and also your car.
- On the hail season, you should always carry a spare blanket or hail cover along with you. It will protect your car on the emergency situation and also save your money. However, if you have ever forgotten to take the carpet or hail cover along with you, you can use the mats to protect your car. If you are leaving your home keeping the car on your garden or parking lot, make sure you have covered it well.
- If you are living in an area where hail storm is very common and you don’t have any covered garage at your home, you can keep your car safe on the covered parking space. There are many car parking rentals which allow you to keep your car on their covered parking lot. So, if there is a chance of coming hail and you are worried about the safety of your car, you can rush to the car parking rental and keep your car in exchange of few bucks.
- You always need to park your car next to your workplace toe. Keeping your car at least on the shed of a building can give you a lot of advantages on the hail season. You should always identify a safe spot to keep your car on the emergency situation.
- If you get caught on a hail while you are driving the first thing you need to do is finding a secure pace and next you have to keep yourself safe as well. You should not get out of your car as hail can cause serious injury to your body as well.
So, these are few quick tips to save your car from the hail. Sometime you just can’t be cautious enough to protect your car from the storm. You might be caught in a hail storm on the road. What will you do at that time? Many people get panicked that time and don’t understand what to do. As the hail storm is inevitable and we humans can’t control it, we should do our best to mitigate the losses. We have to try to get the insurance coverage even if any loss happens. However, if you are caught into the storm ever, you should calm down and do the following-
- The first thing you need to do when you are caught in the hail is calling your insurance company and file a claim.
- You have to follow the instruction of your insurance company. There are certain rules and regulations which you need to follow to get the insurance coverage. So, if you want to get the estimate, you need to follow the instruction and simply claim for the insurance coverage.
- Then you have to fix an appointment with the insurance company and discuss the repair facility or the compensation for the losses during the hail.
- After fixing everything, you have to leave your car for repairs. You have to mark all of the damages properly and then get your car repaired to your ultimate satisfaction.
So, these are the things you can do get the insurance coverage if you are caught in the hail with your car, unfortunately, and your car is damaged.